Mind-Body Medicine Professional Training
.8) August 7, 2017 to August 11, 2017 - 8:00a.m. to 5:00p.m.
Cost: 575.00- 1350.00
Location: Asilomar Conference Grounds
Our Professional Training Program in Mind-Body Medicine is CMBM’s core program we’ve offered around the world for 20 years, providing health professionals with the tools they need to become more effective clinicians and to find more meaning in their work. During the intensive 5-day training, our extraordinary faculty teaches the science of mind-body medicine in plenary sessions and techniques for self-awareness and self-expression in supportive small groups — CMBM’s unique model for learning and support.
The comprehensive materials and hands-on experience will prepare you to begin to integrate our mind-body model into your work in a wide variety of settings, including private practice with individuals and groups, hospital work, educational programs and work with populations affected by war, abuse, terrorism and other forms of trauma. We’ve trained thousands of health professionals who are serving millions of people. It would be our privilege and joy to work with you.
Continuing Education Credits
Please note: While we try to keep up to date on CEU information for various professions, we recommend that you contact your licensing board directly to confirm that your profession will accept CEU credits.
Approved Continuing Education Credits
This program would qualify as Resource Development for International Coach Federation (ICF).
- Massage Therapists
The Center for Mind-Body Medicine is an approved NCBTMB provider.Approved Provider Number: 451128-09. Expiration date: 08-25-2018.
This training is jointly provided by Postgraduate Institute for Medicine and The Center for Mind-Body Medicine. This activity has been approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Final credit count pending.
- Physician Assistants
American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA) accepts certificates of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) ™ from organizations accredited by ACCME.
Postgraduate Institute for Medicine (PIM) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. PIM maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Social Workers
This program is Approved by the National Association of Social Workers (Approval # 886394781-1333) for 27.5 continuing education contact hours.
- Nurses & other Healthcare Professionals
Nurses & other healthcare professionals who participate in this activity may submit their Statement of Attendance from Postgraduate Institute for Medicine (PIM) to their appropriate accrediting organizations or state boards for consideration of credit. The participant is responsible for determining whether this activity meets the requirements for acceptable continuing education.
- Describe the theory and practice underlying mind-body medicine.
- Define the purpose of groups for teaching and experiencing mind-body medicine.
- Practice and recognize the role of movement, exercise, and breathing as mind-body modalities.
- Demonstrate the use of drawings as mind-body modality.
- Practice and recognize the role of biofeedback and autogenic training as mind-body modalities.
- Practice and recognize the role of guided imagery as a mind-body modality.
- Practice and recognize the role of meditation as a mind-body modality.
- Realize the role of emotions in mind-body medicine.
- Realize the importance of self-awareness in mind-body medicine.
- Recognize the importance of genograms as a mind-body modality.
- Demonstrate the drawing of a genogram.
- Describe the use of mind-body skills in dealing with trauma.
- Recognize the importance of spirituality in healing.
- Realize the importance of mindful and healthy eating as part of self-awareness.
- Demonstrate a method for ending the final group of a session.
- Assess how to begin to use mind-body skills in clinical practices and/or teaching.