SIMPLY SPICY: An Exploration of Botanical and Culinary Medicine in Integrative Practice
.7) July 8, 2017 to July 9, 2017 - 8:00a.m. to 5:00p.m.
Location: Sagebrush Inn & Suites
Taos, New Mexico,
This is a state-of-the-art, two-day symposium on Herbs & Spices in Health & Medicine designed for physicians, nurses, dietitians, physician assistants, pharmacists, naturopaths, UNM faculty and non-providers (community).
During and after this symposium, participants should be able to delineate core concepts related to purity and standardization of food supplements, herbs and botanicals and their usage and safety with conventional medicine.
Plenary presentations to include:
- Taking the Spice Route to Health
- Red Hot Medicine: Chilies for Health
- Not So Sweet: Spices for Diabetes and Other Metabolic Diseases
- Savoring the Effect of Spices on Brain Health and Mood
- Zesty Heart Health
- Turning Down the Heat: Quenching Inflammation and Pain
Activities to include:
- Interactive Spice Demos
- Cooking Demonstrations
- Healthy Recipe Contest
For more information and to register, visit http://som.unm.edu/education/cme/2017/simply-spicy.html.
Follow link provided.