American Academy of Pain Medicine 34th Annual Meeting
.4) April 25, 2018 to April 29, 2018 - 7:00a.m. to 5:00p.m.
Managing Acute & High-Impact Chronic Pain through Multidisciplinary Care
A stakeholders meeting to improve care and optimize patient outcomes
The fundamentals of multidisciplinary pain management have been the gold standard for pain care and have been promoted by AAPM since it was established over 30 years ago with a mission of “advancing the comprehensive care of patients with pain through promotion of the best clinical practices, research, advocacy, and continuing medical education.”
For 2018, AAPM President Steven Stanos, DO, in collaboration with the Program Committee, has selected Managing Acute & High-Impact Chronic Pain through Multidisciplinary Care as the AAPM 34th Annual Meeting theme.
The meeting will be designed to provide key stakeholders – especially physicians and members of their treatment teams – with the skills and knowledge necessary to more fully incorporate multidisciplinary care into their practices in order to improve care and optimize patient outcomes. Payer and other stakeholders’ perspectives will also be included.
The meeting will highlight critical components of multidisciplinary care, including:
- Team based interdisciplinary, multidisciplinary, and stepped care models of treatment;
- Integrating state of the art interventional procedures within a comprehensive pain management treatment plan (i.e. spine injection procedures, peripheral nerve injections, neuromodulation);
- Physical and occupational therapies;
- Non-opioid and opioid pharmacotherapy, including addiction and substance abuse treatment;
- Behavioral health interventions (i.e. cognitive behavioral therapy, mindfulness based stress reduction);
- Exercise, patient education, and wellness regimens;
- Musculoskeletal care (i.e. soft tissue injections, ultrasound guided procedures);
- Comprehensive physical and psychosocial patient assessments; and
- Practice guidelines and updates on the National Pain Strategy.
The link below will take you to a secure site where you can access your Online Evaluations and CME/CE certificates. The Online Evaluation process is the only way to receive your CME/CE certificate(s).
In order to access the secure site, you will be asked to enter the Username and Password from your existing AAPM website or Annual Meeting login, if you registered via the web. If you need help remembering this information or have not visited our website in the past, prompts will appear to help you through the process.
For More Information